If you seriously want to know how to tone and define your arms, arm workouts are the answer.
You will need to include in your workout, exercises for both your biceps and your triceps.
But never fear, no amount of arm toning exercises for women involving weights, will ever give you a set of huge masculine bulging biceps, unless you are taking protein supplements and steroids as well as using unbelievably heavy weights!
Women just don’t have enough of the specific hormones required to build huge muscles, so all you will do is build nice neat lean muscles, which in turn will burn energy in the form of calories, and ultimately burn fat from unwanted places on your body.
The bicep curl is an exercise which will work the bicep muscle through its entire range of motion, so it is one of the very best arm toning exercises for women.
- Start by taking a dumbbell in both hands, and arms at your sides with the palms of your hands facing your body.
- As you bend one elbow, rotate the palm of that hand to face upwards just before the forearm becomes parallel with the floor. Be careful not to raise the dumbbell too high as this can force your elbow to rise and will place the load onto the front of your shoulder instead of your upper arm
- Lower the dumbbell back down to your side slowly.
- Repeat with the other arm, and continue alternating arms.
- Try to do 2 sets, each of 10 – 12 repetitions.
- And try to do this 2 -3 times each week.
This barbell exercise (as shown in the image below) is an absolutely amazing arm toning exercise for women, but obviously most likely needs to be performed at your gym because not so many of us have barbells lying around at home.
Bicep exercises that put more emphasis on the inner part of the biceps will tone and define and give such a great shape to your upper arm.
- Start by standing with your back straight and holding the barbell an underhand grip.
- Contract your glutes and abs for added stability.
- Exhale as you raise the barbell.
- And inhale as you lower the barbell.
- Try to complete 3 sets, of between 10-12 reps, but if you are totally new to this – you could attempt just 2 sets to begin with.
Discover the best triceps exercises women can do to get rid of bingo wings fast, along with many other arm toning exercises for women too.